Long story short....
Went to the Luau , for what should have been an enjoyable lunch...bbq pork, mutton, tater salad, baked beans, cheese ball, strawberry shortcake....drinks...etc....
But instead....we went to the Pepsi sale that was from 11am-2pm ....we got in line at 11 when it started...there was about 100 people already in front of me and my coworker....
We get a 30min lunch...from 11-11:30
Being a hospital function...we didn't think it would matter if we were a little late....
Well the line was barely moving...and a little late turned into an hour late... Oops!
We were kinda worried about going back because we knew we were in deep doo doo!
We were thinking....possibly get wrote up, suspended...etc.... We have both worked there almost 6yrs...and never did anything this bad....
It took us an hour and a half to get through the damn line...to get our drinks....we knew there was no turning back now....if we were in trouble....we were in trouble after we got our drinks....
They put a 20 case limit per employee.....today
Between my coworker and myself we had 30 cases....she got some for her family...and I did for mine.... My aunts family raise tobacco and go through drinks like crazy....so she was glad i asked her if they needed any......
Anyways...i thought i was gonna make this long story short.... hmmmm....
We head back to our dept....and who do we pass in the hallway....our manager.... Oops again! =(
Not a word was said.....we just trucked on....
Got back to our dept....and our supervisor took us in her office and talked to us....needless to say we didn't get into major trouble....but were told it wasn't fair to the others out there working....which we apologized for...and went back to work....
Like I told my supervisor though....if that is a hospital function and they want to show appreciation to the employees they need to have the pepsi sale better organized....with more than one line for 2,000+ employees....
I think they should have taken orders from each dept...and we could have picked them up at the end of the day AFTER work....ya know!
I think i should have read my horoscope before I even left the house this morning....
Friday, May 9th, 2008 -- You have more vitality as hot Mars enters your lively sign. But flowing with the extra energy does have its risks. You need to remember that there are also other people at the party. If you are considerate of others, you should be able to accomplish your goals while avoiding the negativity of aggressive Mars egging you on.
Ohhh as far as the Luau....we fixed our plate and went back to our cart in line and ate while in line.....waiting for our drinks....
Anyways....today sorta sucked...i just wanted to share my frustrations... it wasn't as bad as it could have been though...I still have a job!
Have a good weekend everyone.....
Until next time
Glad you didn't get into trouble. Like you said, it was a work function in the first place. Hope you have a happy weekend. Luv ya!
ReplyDeleteAllison
glad you were ok... and no trouble... but I have to agree... maybe they will listen to your advice for next time
ReplyDeletehugs
d
Loved the title to this journal...made me LOL!!!!
ReplyDeleteGlad you didn't get in too much trouble. Wish you could have enjoyed your lunch though!!
Take care,
Trish
I would've Fired Your asses for not having a better excuse than that!
ReplyDeletelmao!
You went to a PEPSI SALE?!?! Never heard of such a thing. LOL
ReplyDeleteLORI
Glad you didn't get into much trouble...but an ass chewing is never nice ;) You were right, they should have organized it better.
ReplyDeleteYay for BBQ!!
Have a good one doll :)
~Bernie
I'm glad you didn't get into too much trouble! Enjoy your weekend.
ReplyDeleteMissie
Dang that's cheap. I woulda stood in line too!
ReplyDeleteHappy Mother's Day to you! (Beau)
Angel