
Riss
5/24/73 ~ 1/27/08
November of 06' I was blessed to have met someone online, who changed my life forever....her name was Faith..she was a young caregiver to her best friend who was battling cancer...her name was Riss. How I came across Faith's journal I will never know but i think someone else had a hand in it from up above, as I was struggling with the loss of my Aunt Judy from cancer just 8 months before I met the girls through Jland...reality was just setting in on the loss of my Aunt..one of my best friends...how could I go on without her? I asked myself many of days...
So in reading Faiths journal...which eventually became private...Riss started writing as well...she too eventually went private... Riss and I clicked instantly...we were long lost sisters across the country...she being from Canada and me Kentucky of course...we shared christmas cards, spoke on the telephone...and shared many IM's and emails...some of which I saved and am so glad i did...I intend on making a scrapbook with some of our conversations which were sometimes sad, sometimes hilarious...and yes sometimes ornery...lol
She felt at ease talking to me about her cancer and the things she was going through, it helped me better understand what my Aunt had went through...and Riss was there for me to pour my heart out to...about the things left unspoken between my Aunt and I...things I wish i had done, or said to her before she passed away...but being the first time I had ever dealt with someone in our family having cancer...I kind of closed up...and would visit with her on occasion with my thoughts held way down deep inside...because I didn't want Judy to know my true feelings and I didn't want her to see me cry...although I almost know she knew I was crying desperately on the inside.
Many times Judy would ask me my thoughts about her cancer and such...and I would be speechless...cause in reality I just wanted to say "I'm selfish I know, but i don't want you to ever leave me...although i want so bad for your suffering to end"
Riss helped me several times in my grieving for my Aunt Judy....and in some way I was grieving for Riss before she was even gone...much like I did my Aunt Judy...
Riss and I spoke often of someday meeting..when she felt up to it...as she wanted to come to Kentucky and see how "rednecks live" as she put it...lol
I miss you soooooo much Sis...I am laughing as well as crying as I write this...crying cause life just isn't fair and you were taken away far too soon...and laughing because our memories are floating around my mind today...and we had so much fun, and laughter...when we would chat. I would have given anything to meet you...and I have to ask myself ...
"Why, didn't you go to Canada yourself Terri, you are healthy and able...and could have made memories to last a lifetime..and could have met someone who left their footprints on your heart forever"
Someday we will meet in heaven above, beautiful long lost sister of mine...we may not be blood of the same blood...but we are sisters at heart!
Fly with the Angels my friend...give my Aunt Judy and Grandma a huge hug for me will ya?
Happy 35th Birthday Riss!!!!!!
Mom & I miss you dearly....and will never forget you...you will always be a part of our family....
that was beautiful Terri.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you got to know each other :) and I'm sorry you're missing her.
you take care doll~
~Bernie
ps...it looks great!
She was beautiful!
ReplyDeleteTerri, I know how important your friends are to you, especially ones that are special enough to have a forever place in your heart. I truly believe we all meet again someday, and true friendship lasts forever!
Thinking of you today!
~ Jenny
I am so sorry. Even though you never got to meet, I know that she was still comforted by your friendship. Just remember all the good talks you had.
ReplyDeleteDon't beat yourself up about your aunt Judy. It's hard to know what to say to somebody that you know is suffering especially when you never dealt with it before. I am sure your Aunt Judy was guiding you to help your friend through some tough times. You are such a caring person.
Take care Terri,
Trish
Okay, now you're making ME cry! :o( I use to read her journal then she went private. I didn't know she'd passed away, so sad. :o(
ReplyDeleteLORI
I miss her a lot myself. It isn't fair what she had to go through, having cancer, then finding out Faith had cancer, and then Faith dying, which took a major toll on Riss. Life truly isn't fair when an angel like that has to die and a young age where creeps like Charlie Manson go on forever on this earth. I will always miss her. I always told her I would have a special place in my heart for her no matter what happened and I am and will be true to my word. I love you Riss, or as I called her Cate. Happy birthday up in heaven baby.
ReplyDeletePhil
Sounds like Riss was a wondeful person!
ReplyDeleteMissie
Happy Birthday Riss! Terri this is a beautiful tribute to Riss, she truly is special.
ReplyDeleteLove
Mom
Beautiful tribute....
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Gretchen
Beautiful girl.
ReplyDeleteAngel