Friday, March 11, 2005

Sad...sad news....

As i woke up this morning it felt like any typical day...dreading going to work...thinking i have it so terrible..having to work this coming sunday when all week had been just a total drag ~ when i got a phone call from my friend Beth who is also one of my coworkers...She said "OMG..ur not gonna believe this, Brenda(another coworker) is on the front page of todays paper with her sister and mother crying...her dad died last night in a house fire"....my heart just sank...when i got to work...there was total silence and disbelief...how could something like this happen...he was 76yrs old and disabled and his wife wasn't able to get him out of the house...when the fire dept. got there it was too late..they did an investigation last night and today to find out the cause of the fire...it was caused they say by careless smoking =(   That poor poor family...my heart goes out to them...i can't even imagine ! So I along with my coworkers will be going to the funeral home sunday....it will be so hard.

On a happy note...Jeff and I might go out to eat tomorrow and shopping...Sears is having a good sale right now...they have a pair of Nike tennis shoes i want to wear out...the ones i got here while back were for work...they have them on sale for 39 bucks..and I had asked for the Past, Present, Future ring...for our 10yr wedding anniversary in July..and i have been watching the prices on them for some time now and they are sooo high...so i saw a ring in Sears add....it is a 1/2 carat diamond ring...regular $300...on sale for $99 until april 10th..then it goes up to reg. price...i showed him last night...and he said "where is this at, sears?"...<<giggle>>...so i may be getting that tomorrow also...but i am gonna try not to wear it till our anniversary on July 29th...we will be on vacation then in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge..Tennessee  =)  can't wait!!!  Maybe i can get the past, present, future one on our 25th anniversary..lol..thats a long ways off..can't a girl dream..??

Well i am gonna go for now i hope everyone has a wonderful weekend...and thank you all so much for your concern and prayers for my grandad..he seems to be a lil' better today =)

                                                 TaTa 4 now...

                                                   ~Terri~

3 comments:

  1. That would be devastating...My heart goes out to her and her family...:(

    And yeah, your 10 year IS a big one!! That deserves something really nice! The big "double digit" anniversary...LOL..(That was the name of my 10th birthday party...thought I was SO big having TWO numbers!! HAHA)
    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. o h no!!!
    god bless.
    april

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sad about your co-workers father.  My thoughts go out to them.  
    I love the past, present, future rings.  They're really nice.  I know there's no way I could get jewelry now and wait until July to wear it! LOL  Sears does have some great sales, so happy shopping :)~Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog...feel free to leave me some love... I really appreciate it!